Ian

Default Exterior wiring

"Terry D" wrote in message news:FuStb.1132$
I installed two 500W PIR lights using a switched fused spur from a socket in
my bedroom. The wiring from the spur (2.5mm T & E) goes into the loft and
the lights are wired in parallel from junction boxes. Drill through the
wall above each light position. Use normal round PVC twin & earth flex and
use silicone sealant on the exit holes. The advantage of my arrangement is
that the switch is above my bed and I can activate the lights immediately in
an emergency. Perhaps a better idea might be to locate a lighting supply in
your loft, but I would still recommend installing a switch somewhere in the
circuit.

Terry D.

Thanks Terry, but I want to be able to switch this from the kitchen.
I am intending to follow up my original posting as I don't think I
described it very well to begin with, and also to respond generally
to the ideas in this thread.

Ian