Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generator "cross over" switch installation costs

With anti price gouging laws, there is no payback,
ever. So, there are no emergency generators. And
all the people stuck in cars out of gas have to be
hauled off to the concentration camps by the
government. Oh, I mean, Super Dome. Same thing.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message m...

I guess that I am thinking real emergency. Things may be differant now, but
when I worked at a hospital about 40 years ago we had two generators. One
was automatic and one had to be put on line manually. We only powered the
critical systems, the heart unit , intensive care areas some lights and that
was it. There were emergency 120 volt outlets on each floor where something
could be plugged in if neededd.

In a real emergency the gas may be the most critical thing. Keeping the
beer cool or the lottery machines going may not be that inportant.

You reach a point as to ballance the money for emergencies against the
payback. It is going to be foolish to spend $ 50,000 or more if there is no
payback or if it will take 20 years to payback. Then if you price the fuel
to fully power the whole station, you may never get payback.