Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default Generator "cross over" switch installation costs

On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:37:20 AM UTC-4, wrote:
You're absolutely right. Why would anyone load up a truck with
generators and drive from Iowa to NJ to sell them, if they can't
charge whatever they want for them? And it brings in more supply.
If you encouraged that, more people would do it, there would be
more coming in, more vendors to choose from, and the price would
come down. Would I load up a truck and drive to a state where I
thought I might be arrested? Hell no.

Because, if you were the victim of a disaster and "needed" a generator, and the only place to get one was off the back of a truck at 2-5 times the retail price, you'd be MAD AS HELL.

As soon as the storm subsided, you'd be waging a campaign to convince your politicians to make an anti-gouging law ASAP.

I don't care what side you think you belong to. It's not your fault that you weren't prepared. It's the generator seller's fault for taking advantage of your situation and price gouging. "There ought to be a law!" you'll cry.