Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Tuck pointing question

On 7/16/2013 12:16 PM, novel wrote:
I'm having the rear of my home pointed. the license contractor just put a 5 gallon of 'graded sand' down my basement, and will start tomorrow morning. is this a good grade that is typically used for pointing? i read somewhere once that contractors have been using some inferior products. hoping this is not one of them.

graded usually means that it's been graded, or is run through a screen
so it's all pretty much the same size grains. it doesn't mean it's grade
X, where X is a number referring to it's quality.