Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tumble dryer

Mr Pounder presented the following explanation :
"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:

I cleaned them out.
The fluff collector thingee is cleaned after every use.
I did not even know there were vents in the bottom the machine until I
angled it against the wall to clean underneath.
How many people look under a tumble dryer?

So, are you saying that the dryer discharges some of the hot air
through the base, or more likely perhaps, there are grilles to
allow some ventilation of the space in which the drive motor
sits?

I don't think it discharges through the base, there is a plastic hose thing
for that.

I would say that the vents are there for ventilation.
To be honest I have never taken one apart.

There are two styles...

1. Which blows moist air out via a vent to the ouside.

2. The more popular one now, which continuously circulates the same
warm air but passes it over a a condensor system, the water from which
is pumped away.

There are none I am aware of which discharge throught the base, back
into the room. Likely it will be just general dust which has collected
- no harm in cleaning it out though.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)