Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Generator "cross over" switch installation costs

TomR wrote:
TomR wrote:
. . . , My idea would involve some government interference in terms
of certain
mandates, combined with some governmental financial support to make
it happen.

I don't know what the typical cost would be to put in place the
needed generator "cross over" wiring for a small gas station or a
larger multi-pump gas station with a convenience store (such as
WaWa). But, let's say, for example that the cost is around $2,500
or less.

P.S. I really would be interested in knowing roughly what such a
generator "cross over" wiring installation might cost, and maybe how
much power or what type of generator would later be required to power
up both a smaller "regular" gas station and a larger multi-pump and
convenience store gas station.

Oops, it looks like I may have found the answer to my own question by doing
a Google search:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=backup+generator+for+gas+station .

Obviously, I am not the first person to think of this idea.

And, it looks like the cost for just the electrical hook-up could be big
bucks:

http://www.wnyc.org/articles/wnyc-ne...-state-budget/ .

Like maybe up to $10,000 for the wiring hook-up.