Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Some current projects---

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:08:13 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 05:01:13 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Good to see you've been busy Pete. Seems to be dmaned few metal
manglers left around here.

I just started my mid summer shop project yesterday - rebuilding the
spindle and head on my Excello CNC mill. Had a stone bitch of a time
just taking the motor off. It has two varible diameter pulleys for
speed changes like a 2J bridgy. there must be some trick I don't know
to remove the belt. I'll have to find out before re-assembly.

Look for a place to insert a couple cap screws to compress the spring
that squeezes the pulley halves together. This allows the belt to go
slack while you remove the motor.

DOH!

I knew I was doing it wrong. But far more challenge my way.

Thanks for the tip.

Karl