Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default Some current projects---

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:54:24 -0500, "Pete S"
wrote:

snip cool stuff

What about you all?

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

I finally finished an electric reel for the sail line. I bought a
piece of al plate for the job ~25 years ago. It works great, holds
about 1000 yds of 100# mono. We marked it off each 100 yds, regs say
you can't have more than 600 yds. out. In actual practice, I found
that we seldom let it out over 300.

I used an old chevy pickup wiper motor for the drive. The spool is
about 6" x 6", al flanges interference fit on al spool center, 2
dutchmen each end. There's a center shaft of 1/2" ss running in ball
bearings. No level wind. I have to manually level the line as it
retrieves while holding my beer in the other.

We've caught reds, specs, flounder, drum, sheepshead, and one dang
hardhead so far.

Pete Keillor