Lobby Dosser

Default Inca bandsaw pulley needed

"Jim Akins" wrote in
. com:

George, actually the 340 was offered with belt drive as an option;
this makes sense as it is easy to change speeds or go to a larger
motor. the direct drive unit used a special motor that mounted to the
saw frame, seems to me that it would be hard to find a replacement
motor. Strange as it sounds they also had an option that used a drill
motor?? At any rate I have a manual that I can copy for you, it also
has parts list. If necessary I can measure the pulleys on my saw for
you. 15mm is .590 so you could easily adapt a pulley for a 1/2 "
shaft. The Inca 340 is considered by many to be the best small bandsaw
made, it is well constructed and designed, you can even resaw with
it. e-mail me if I can help you with it. Jim A.

In fact, if you have a copy of Duginske's 'Band Saw Handbook' many
(most?) of the resaw photo's were shot on the Inca. I bought one after
noting the conspicuous use in the book and I have never been
disappointed. Paper thin, repeatable resaws - within the dimensions of
the machine. Properly tuned, you can balance a nickel on the table with
the saw running. I've even done it while making a cut. This is on direct
drive - I think the mass of the motor may make up for the aluminum and
plastic used elsewhere.

I did not know the 340 had a belt drive option. I don't think it would be
too hard to rig up a belt drive if you had to replace the motor. Seems
like you could pull the motor shaft and mount a pully on it.

Is your manual any better than the English/German/French translation from
Klingon that I got? I love the saw, but for the money I really expected a
better manual.