Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Heating pipe relocation question for plumbers?

On Monday, July 15, 2013 3:34:51 PM UTC-7, BobMCT wrote:
In my basement I have a length of 3/4 copper hot water heat pipe that

is dead in the way of a new dryer vent hard tube path. When I traced

both ends of the 3/4" pipe it appears that the circuit simply makes

about a 4' U from one baseboard radiator to another. Why the

installer did this I'm sure he doesn't even know. But somehow I've

got to reroute it or better yet go from one radiator to the other in a

rather straight line.

The pipes come through the floor and immediate have elbows. I'd like

to use 3/4 sharkbite elbows but because the new line needs to run

under the joists I was wondering if anyone is aware of any 3/4 braided

ss hose that I can connect between one elbow and the other. That

would make a direct 4' connection from one under the joists to the

other.

I want to NOT have to solder as I have lots of pvc and wood in that

area. So, any suggestions as to how I can accomplish this, what ever

way, would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks

The u turn may be to mitigate the effects of expansion and contraction.