Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Socket holders

Vic Smith wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 01:17:02 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

nestork wrote:

I use these:

[image: http://toolsandmore.us/ProductImages/mit/1896a.jpg]

nestork,

Did you happen to see my thread about your image links? You know that only
the links show up in usenet newsreaders, not the images themselves, right?

What's the problem? I click on the link if I want to see it. Are you
saying images should always show up when I open a post?
I don't want that.

No, I'm not saying I want the images to show. The issue is that nestork
thought that we all saw them because he uses IE8 to post in a.h.r and he
can see his images.

Accessing the images via a link is how most people using a usenet
newsreader want to view them, if they want to view them.

I brought up the issue because the type of image links that IE8 creates -
using [image: link URL] - causes problems with at least one newsreader, the
one I use on my iPad. It picks up the closing bracket as part of the URL
and tells me that the link is invalid. I asked nestork about that and
that's when he said he uses IE8 and that he thought we all could see his
images directly in his posts.