Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default All change

harryagain wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:50:30 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Don't get it, a recently built school has a solar farm on its roof, but
its been turned into a bit of a learning resource,

How old is "recently"?

I wonder if that learning will be properly balanced. "Sorry, children
the sun isn't shineing today so the white boards or computers aren't
working" or "Sorry children, as the sun hasn't shone for the last
week the School Fish have suffocated as the pump and filter haven't
been able to run".

Provided as part of the learning they include all the costs and
implicatons of intermitantcy, the simple fact at night Solar PV
doesn't produce anything and that "night" in winter starts about an
hour before peak demand maybe some good education will come of it.
But I very much doubt any of the above will be mentioned, just our
solar panels have "saved" x kWhrs of electricity... B-(

Well as you don't understand intemittancy or renewable energy either you
wouldn't be a good teacher then?

Tell us again how your lights are powered after dark, Harry?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.