Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
blue bmw blue bmw is offline

Default Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed tobe lined up?

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 05:48:50 -0400, Steve W. wrote:

"We have found that the only way to accurately match mount replacement
tires on used original or new aftermarket wheels is to use Hunter tire
balancers which have the ability to measure wheel runout and tire force
variations under load before the tire and wheel are installed on the
vehicle.

If this is true (and it very well may be), then why do my replacement
tires come with both the red and yellow dots, and why do the Yokohama
and Bridgestone articles and TSBs I provided say to mount the rim with
respect to those dots for replacement tires?

Do you see why this is confusing?
That's why I'm trying to find the answer.