Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
blue bmw blue bmw is offline

Default Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed tobe lined up?

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:22:10 -0400, Nate Nagel wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude when I say this so please don't take it that
way... but... sounds like you need a better shop.

This is true.

However, I've called Tire Rack, BBS, and even the rubber manufacturers
association, and, these "tire professionals" don't even know the answer
(at least not yet, offhand).

I sent them all the pictures, by email. So, we may get some progress,
but not in time for my appointment today with the Tire Rack "recommended
installers" who, supposedly, have met a professional standard for installation.

Unfortunately, it's my humble opinion that no tire installer installs tires
properly.

I'm not saying tires are falling off cars left and right, but, for the
aficionado, if you don't watch them and tell them what to do, they won't:

a) Mount the tire on the wheel properly
b) Torque the lug bolts properly
c) Pressurize the tires properly
etc.

And these are very basic mistakes that a mere consumer should *not* have
to worry about.