Posted to sci.electronics.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default HDTV

Per Michael Black:
He gets high speed internet from the cable company. He has to take cable
tbv along with it. Hence he might as well watch tv, and that's where the
issue of being compatible with the digital signal from the cable company
comes in.

If he relied on over the air, then he'd not need cable, but he'd lose his
internet connection.

I didn't think of that.

For me, cable and internet are unbundled. I just pay $40 per month
for the internet access.

As a side benefit, every few months a nice young person comes to the
door to call my attention that fact that we are apparently the only
household for many miles that don't have cable and wouldn't we like to
join the 21st century....
--
Pete Cresswell