Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Socket holders

On 07/14/2013 03:24 PM, nestork wrote:

micky;3091593 Wrote:

It's a real pain to search through all of the sockets in the red
removable tray to find the needed socket. Do you have suggestions as to
how I can organize the sockets better?

I use these:

[image: http://toolsandmore.us/ProductImages/mit/1896a.jpg]

It's basically a bar with anywhere from 12 to 16 metal clips on it. The
clips are 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch square so that you can push a socket
onto each clip going from smallest to largest.

And, I find that they work pretty good.

Get them with different handle colours if you have both 8 point and 12
point sockets as I do.

They also work well for other kinds of sockets, like impact sockets.

I had some, didn't like them... the clips weren't made to tight enough
tolerances so sockets would fall off of some and be damn near impossible
to get off others. If they were made better they'd be good.

I like the Lisle magnetic socket holders myself. Expensive but I've had
mine for probably 15 years, so it's proven to be worth it.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel