Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HDTV

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per Humbled Survivor:
But if I get TV and am paying for it, I'd like to have TV to
watch an occasional show. Do you get what I'm saying?

This might be a long shot, but it might be worth checking into how many
OTA stations you have access to.

We are in a built-up area, have a rooftop antenna and; personally, I
have yet to see a reason to spend money on cable.

There's a little more to it than I'm saying.... but I'd still check what
local OTA stations are available. NB that with digital, rabbit ears
don't do the job (at least around here) and a rooftop antenna is needed.
--
Pete Cresswell

He gets high speed internet from the cable company. He has to take cable
tbv along with it. Hence he might as well watch tv, and that's where the
issue of being compatible with the digital signal from the cable company
comes in.

If he relied on over the air, then he'd not need cable, but he'd lose his
internet connection.

Michael