nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'The Daring Dufas[_8_
If I were a Negro American, I would find such a policy extremely
insulting because it would institutionalize the premise that Negro
Americans are inherently less intelligent and incapable of great
achievement at anything. o_O
But, what exactly does one do when confronted with the reality that one group of society actually IS, on average, inherently less intelligent and prone to smashing stuff as opposed to discussing stuff?

Someone tell me why a Vietnamese or Korean immigrant can come over to the USA, buy a small grocery store or dry cleaning business and save up enough money to put his kids through college, whereas black people don't seem to be able to do that?

Here in Canada, it's the native people that are perpetually blaming the white man for their plight. It's entirely because my great grandfather stole the land from his great grandfather than has directly resulted in native reservations having widespread alcoholism, drug abuse and family violence. You see, in the final analysis, it's all my fault.

Here we have a situation where there was a confrontation and one person ended up dead. Only Zimmerman knows what happened during that confrontation, and everyone else is just speculating. The US and Canada share the same legal system since we both inherited it from Britain. In that system, it's believed to be a worse injustice for an innocent man to be punished than for a ten guilty men to go unpunished. Consequently, all that's required of Zimmerman's lawyers is to raise some doubt in the minds of the jurors as to what happened, and Zimmerman walks. After all, if there is any doubt in the juror's minds as to what happened, they can't in good consious condemn Zimmerman as guilty. They will always give him the benefit of the doubt because to not do so is to not have an open mind about what happened. Was there any doubt that he would walk away with a "not guilty" verdict on this one?

Rioting is not going to help here. In order to make a change, we have to change the system, not riot. And, unfortunately, over the course of a dozen centuries or so, no one's been able to figure out a better judicial system.

Last edited by nestork : July 14th 13 at 10:48 PM