Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default HDTV

On 07/14/2013 10:49 AM, Humbled Survivor wrote:
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Whoops. I posted without reading carefully. I thought the OP said
broadcast.

The cable company's conversion is to digital, not HD. As someone else
pointed out, Comcast provides a free converter that feeds channel 3 or
4 on an analog set. (It has no baseband output.)

I don't have Comcast, Verizon or any of the big places. My cable
company is a one-man show out of Bellaire, Ohio called Bellaire
Television Cable Co. Inc. I called in and they said try back in a week
as they are testing units to see which worked. Depending on the cost I
may rent/buy one, or just get a new flat screen with a QAM tuner built
into it. I don't watch much TV anyway. I just use cable broadband from
him, which I can't get unless I have TV too. But if I get TV and am
paying for it, I'd like to have TV to watch an occasional show. Do you
get what I'm saying?

Totally. Lima Charlie.