Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Humbled Survivor[_2_] Humbled Survivor[_2_] is offline

Default HDTV

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Whoops. I posted without reading carefully. I thought the OP said
broadcast.

The cable company's conversion is to digital, not HD. As someone else
pointed out, Comcast provides a free converter that feeds channel 3 or 4
on an analog set. (It has no baseband output.)

I don't have Comcast, Verizon or any of the big places. My cable company is
a one-man show out of Bellaire, Ohio called Bellaire Television Cable Co.
Inc. I called in and they said try back in a week as they are testing units
to see which worked. Depending on the cost I may rent/buy one, or just get
a new flat screen with a QAM tuner built into it. I don't watch much TV
anyway. I just use cable broadband from him, which I can't get unless I
have TV too. But if I get TV and am paying for it, I'd like to have TV to
watch an occasional show. Do you get what I'm saying?