Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bench progress II

"Gramp's shop" wrote:

Construction is complete. For the base, used dominoes for alignment
augmented by lag bolts. Used Forstner bit for the dog holes. Much
faster than i presumed. Need to sand to 150 and mount the vises.
Will finish with 3 or 4 coats of Watco clear, unless y'all convince to
go with BLO or something else.

One surprise (and I am blushing as I write this): the reclaimed cherry
I thought I was working with turns out to be walnut. I've gotta get a
handle on identifying wood species.
If it truly is walnut, then orange shellac as I remember.

Try a test piece.

Lew