Posted to alt.home.repair
sw sw is offline

Default Kenmore dishwasher 665 16372301

On Monday, July 8, 2013 9:33:32 PM UTC-4, sw wrote:
I own a Kenmore dishwasher. It stopped working about 3 days ago. At that time, I was able to select the type of wash and rinse. The corresponding light above the button would light up. No other buttons, including the start button, would light up. The start button wouldn't start the machine.

2 days later, only the wash cycle buttons would light up when buttons pressed, rinse cycle buttons no go.

None are now working.

Clear plastic cover that covered all the buttons, (and seems to be backpainted white) has been stained on the right hand side for some time. 2 weeks ago, I peeled this back to try to clean the staining and I put the clear plastic sheet back and pressed it tight to have it adhere. This is the same side that the buttons began to fail from.

Im assuming a new keypad is in order but would appreciate any opionions.

Breaker works. Im getting power to the control board,. The door switch tested positively for resistance when closed.

Thankyou in advance.

Scott

I'll take what I can get. Much appreciated David. I just assumed that the touchpad was part of the control console. Can you buy them separately? (If you can find them?) Also, have you had any problems with these internet parts places?
Thanks again David.
Scott