Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Follow-up on A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

Follow-up: A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

Begun June 1.

About a week after the last post in the thread, the sound and picture
started acting up too.

The sound goes click-cl-cl-click-click 2 seconds out of every 4. And
during that time the top 40% of the picture is mostly "static". It
stopped once after only 5 minutes, but other times it kept on like
this for 30 minutes or more.

I decided it wasn't worth any more work on my part, though I still
plan to take the back off and check that one part a couple of you
mentioned, the deguassing thermistor iirc.

I want to do this on a day when it's not raining and I have time to
take the tv to one of the few places I'm allowed to dspose of it.
I'll try to get back to you again.