Posted to alt.home.repair
jackie jackie is offline

Default Hoover Steam Vac, brushes stopped - repair/service manual?

replying to jackie, Jackie wrote:
jackie wrote:

I realize this thread is old, but, my steam vac is having this problem,

what
have found so far is the little green plastic piece that going to the

turbine is
twisted off, but when I turn it on without the brushes on the little square
where the that piece goes doesn't spin, so I don't know if I just need a

new
brush set or a brush and a turbine motor. Hope someone can help. the link

Scott
put up doesn't work anymore.

Hi here"s what i did,
first might sure that that green square pin isn't twisted off, if it is
replace the brushes.
if you can put something in the square hole in the bottom of the machine
where the pin fits, if it turns the turbine is it ok, if not you have a
bad turbine( when going to purchase one, compare it to the one you have.)
The brushes will not spin if the handle is locked up, it has to be in the
push position.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...al-158636-.htm