Mike Reed

Default Building a Wooden Garage Door

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message ...
"Bob" wrote in message
Okay gang - got me another "volunteer" project. Short history -

neighbor's
husband recently passed away so I help out where I can. Widow (in her

80's)
had a senior moment the other day and forgot to push the button to open

the
garage door and she backed the car into it - big time. Needs a new garage
door - this one (one of two) cannot be repaired.

We had a recent death on my wife's side of the family... a genuinely lovely
woman who was an 88 year old widow and who was still driving. The last five
years or so she was a hazard behind the wheel and didn't know it... an
"unguided missile." Given your neighbor's senior moment you might be doing
her a bigger favor by having a family member intervene and stop her from
driving. The lesser favor would be to repair her garage door. I know this is
a tough call...

John

Not really a tough call in my opinion. I was nearly killed by an
elderly woman running a stop sign. I spent a 2 weeks in the hospital
and have chronic problems from my injuries.

I think that after 65 we should all be drive-tested yearly.

-Mike