Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default NIMH Cells Zero Volts Shorts Whiskers

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have many devices which use lithium
chemistry batteries, so I'd prefer to utilize NIMH, which I already have
numerous universal, multi-voltage chargers for.

NIMH seem to be less problematic than others, and have high capacities in
compact sizes.. simple to recharge, and AC or DC (mobile/field) chargers are
inexpensive.

--
Cheers,
WB

"Robert Roland" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 15:33:50 -0400, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

a used 14.4V NIMH battery pack

That voltage is perfect for lithium conversion. 3S LiPo is 14.8V
nominal.

Even if you can't effectively make use of the space, you might still
get close to the original capacity, but at much less weight.
--
RoRo