J T

Default OT-Carter Products celebrates 75 years serving the woodworking...

Tue, Jun 15, 2004, 2:33pm (Carter) posts:
snip I've been very tempted on more then a few occasions to post my
opinions when questions about bandsaw guides, tires, tension springs,
etc. come up. snip If you can think of a way for me to talk about our
products or give advice without getting flamed for my bias towards them
that would be great, but I cannot. snip

The way Robin does it, works for me. Check out his style.

So as you see either way I'm doomed. Flamed if I do post, Flamed, as in
this case, if I don't. snip

Nah, you don't need to worry about getting flamed for that.
Somebody'll just pick something else to flame you about. LOL

snip As such I don't feel really qualified to give that much info on a
subject I am still learning about. snip

That doesn't stop certain people.

If questions arise about our products specifically relating to some
aspect like adjusting, mounting, etc. then I'd be all over it, but
typically questions are asking how people like the product (mostly
guides) or if they recommend it, and that's not really fair for me to
comment because of my affiliation with the company that sells the
product. Since I only woodwork as a hobby I really am not that
knowledgeable about tons of equipment other than what I use, which as
you might expect is equipped with everything that Carter sells. snip

I personally see no problem with you posting, should be a good
thing, just don't "push" the stuff. Wouldn't need to be here every day.
I'd say check out Robin's style, try to do half as well. A link, and a
line or three in a sig block. I'd have no prob with that.

JOAT
Use your brain - it's the small things that count.
- Bazooka Joe