Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Repair (left-hand) pedal thread

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 12:27:30 +0100,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

The Other Mike wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:26:13 +0100,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

I think it's easy enough to get inserts or helicoil-type devices for
left-hand threads,

If you think that they are easy to get then please enlighten us all with a
link or even just the name of a supplier or manufacturer.

Haven't you just done that below?

No, that's just one very specific application that fits some, but not all
pedals.

LH inserts are *not* generally available, Armstrong (Helicoil UK) in Hull will
do specials if you need tens of thousands of inserts.

You said "I think it's easy enough to get inserts or helicoil-type devices for
left-hand threads" If so then please tell me where I can source these, happy
to buy full kits and 100 inserts.

M6 x 1 LH
M10 x 1 LH
M14 x 1.25 LH