Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Repair (left-hand) pedal thread

On 08/07/2013 18:30, D.M. Procida wrote:
I have a left-hand pedal crank with a fairly badly stripped thread.

Bearing in mind that I hope never to have to see a stripped pedal thread
again (and certainly, not see one again at the bottom of a Spanish
mountain, but that's a different story) is it even worth trying to
repair it with a kit or getting it repaired by a garage?

It was only a cheap crank to begin with.

Daniele

If it's a cheap crank and a reasonably fit cyclist, just buy a new one.
On a child's bike and if there are still some threads left so that you
can get some "pinch" you might get away with filling the gap with
araldite or JB weld (clean thoroughly to get rid of all grease and as
much debris as possible, and use heat to get flow).