Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

Default Paint questions

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
basilisk wrote:

Considering that I will most likely never paint the inside again,
what would be the best topcoat? Oil base or water base?
I am willing to spend the money for a quality, durable paint, but what
brand and type does everyone like?
Sometimes spending a lot of money doesn't guarantee a good product.

There is some kind of paint that is commonly used in restrooms in
commercial buildings where the walls are often block. I don't know what
the stuff is but it goes on like a plastic coating and completely seals
the pores in the block - smooth. It's usually gloss as well. Don't have
any idea what the stuff is, and I've never seen it anywhere, but if I were
painting block, I'd sure try my best to find out what it is and get that
stuff. Maybe the painters in the group know about the stuff and can chime
in.

Sometimes you can find many specialty paints listed in the paint
manufacture's website, often in the commercial/industrial area of the site
rather than the home painting area. Or sometimes they maintain a different
site for commercial/industrial coatings. You won't find it in the big box
stores but can often be ordered through the dedicated paint supply
store/outlet/distributor.