Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Table salt as weedkiller?

On 08/07/2013 16:34, Dave Baker wrote:
Any good for patios and driveways or is it useless? At 30p a kilo from

Close to useless and will migrate to where you don't want it if applied
in quantities sufficient to actually kill weeds.

Tesco for the value stuff it's a damn sight cheaper than anything else I
can find. I used to use sodium chlorate when you could still buy it
although the weeds always came back next year.

Failing that what's the best way to deal with weeds in A) block paviour
patio and B) gravel covered driveway?

Pathclear - although the new formulation is nowhere near as good as the
old one containing the persistent inhibitor Simazine.

Haven't tried rootkill yet. Glyphosate will do what I want most times.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown