Bob

Default Building a Wooden Garage Door

John,

That's a good suggestion and I would use it if I was using stock that was
kiln dried to 8% or less. I'm afraid that the best I'll probably get is
about 17% mc (if I'm lucky) which will typically stabilize to around 12% for
this area. With that kind of moisture content, I suspect the sections of
the doors to bow a bit with weather changes and a shiplap joint may end up
binding. As it is, I'll have to store the stock in my basement for a week or
two in order to get the mc down using a dehumidifier.

Appreciate your time and thoughts,

Bob S.

"John" wrote in message
Should work fine. Many folks ship lap the intersecting edges for
weather tightness - should be able to do that with a router table
before assembly. Primer and paint and good maintenance and it should
last long enough

John