Posted to alt.home.repair
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default Clean water in Africa

wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 21:21:51 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 23:54:06 -0400, wrote:

Just an update for those who were interested
After spending 2 weeks in Mali My daughter Laura is in Mauritania for
the next week
She is going to the project in Kankossa tomorrow.

Take a look he
https://www.wvcommunities.org/so/can...ges/about.aspx

Then she is off to Tenmiya - see:
https://www.wvcommunities.org/so/can...ges/about.aspx
and Taghadoum - see:
https://www.wvcommunities.org/so/can...ges/about.aspx
then on to Kaedi- see:
https://www.wvcommunities.org/so/can...es/about.aspx#

These ore 4 of the 5 projects she will be visiting on this leg of her
tour, among many others she is currently responsible for.

Well I hope it works out well. After reading the pros and cons in this
thread, I don't know how much good it does in some of the communities,
but I'm sure it helps in some.

May I make a suggestion? Have your daughter take Harry along so he
can observe and report back to us with his unbiased opinion.

I have been visiting these countries for years, I don't need some dopey
Yank.
Most of the charity money is wasted on administration, bribery and various
forms of local corruption.
Oh and advertising to get more money in. Another big business, charity
funding.
And stupid Yanks swanning around at the donors expense.
In the past some has even ended up being used to buy weapons.
What little money that does end up digging wells is counter productive.
Water tables are depleted, imported grazing animals destroy the local
habit
and desertification results.
These places are over populated, a well just enables greater
overpopulation
so that when the crunch arrives, it is worse than it would have been.
Much of the ground water in arid Africa has been there for millenia and is
not replaced when removed.
I'm sure there are similar places in the USA and some people here will
live
in them

You f****g Yanks are so thick and ignorant you are unbelievable.
You need to get off your arses, get an education and travel before making
comment.
Oh and education is not watching Fox news.

Charities are like banks these days.
They exist primarily for the benefit of those running them, not for the
recipients.
They are often used for money laundering and tax evasion.

The other big rip off is so called "Fair Trade"

Thank goodness neither I, my daughter, or the organization she works
for is a "yank".

Nothing against "Yanks" - but it just shows what kind of a sorry bigot
Harry is.

Just telling you the facts. I'm surprised you never thought to check before
she went out there.
There are numerous security, social and health risks in Africa. And I mean
life threatening/changing ones.

It is helpfull if they're not Yanks. There is nothing dumber than a Yank in
a foreign country.