Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Trex - horrible to paint

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:42:23 PM UTC-7, Bob F wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:27:56 AM UTC-7, wrote:

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 17:59:17 GMT, wrote:

I have used BM latex stain with no problems at all. 1 coat on a

deck which

they wanted a redwood look. Still looks good 3 years later. That's

what the

customer wanted.

On 7-Jul-2013, Higgs Boson wrote:

Since I was painting the (wood) back porch, thought I'd paint the

(Trex)

side steps to match. (Yes, the Trex is several years old, so that

wasn't a

problem).

Terrible idea!

Depends what Trex you have - the raw or the coated. The coated

stuff

can NOT be stained - and most paint won't stick.

I guess it's not coated; the paint more or less "sticks" after 2

ooats.

Damn, damn, damn. The original color of the Tres was quite

satisfactory...!

I'd take a WAG that a pressure washer would strip the paint off in a moment.

You read my mind! I was just wondering how long it would take to wear off.
Dunno if I'm up for it right this minute, as I have to paint the back porch, but I will sure keep idea in mind!

Tx

HB