Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Electricity: 3 phase query

On 07/07/2013 15:32, wrote:
I mean they're clearly two different disciples entirely. In my
typically millivolt/milliamp world, we don't have to contend with
forces sufficient to rip a machine's internals to pieces as you do
with power engineering, so the need for nice, smooth 3 phase supplies
simply doesn't arise in the first place!

I found doing a bit of software development work on high power HF
amplifiers / transmitters was quite enlightening in that respect... It
certainly changes ones TTL/5V view of the world, when dealing with 10kV
step up transformers!

--
Cheers,

John.