Lobby Dosser

Default Inca bandsaw pulley needed

(George) wrote in news:6dfa66df.0406160753.4c93f661
@posting.google.com:

Gentlemen,
I was recently given a small Inca bandsaw. I'd say its about a 10.5"
saw. It has no pulley on the shaft. It is a 15mm shaft, for which I
can find no pulleys. Any ideas on where to get a pulley for this
thing? A manual would be nice too, as long as I'm foraging. There is
no model number on the saw, that I can find. Maybe it was a sticker
that fell off years ago. Please copy the email below on any
Geroge

Sounds like a 340. Measure the throat. If it is around 10.5", it is a
340. If it is around 8", it is a 205. I assumue it is not a three
wheeler.

Both the 340 and the 205 are direct drive from the motor.

The 'manual' is the worst piece of crap it has been my displeasure to
read - to put it politely. It is horribly written in French, German, and
English and manages to make little sense and convey only minimal
information in all three languages. I read English and German and thought
that perhaps both had been poorly translated from French. A friend who
reads French looked over the French sections and suggested they might be
a poor translation from Finnish or Tagalog.

If you cannot find a copy, let me know and I'll mail a copy of useable
pages to you - did I mention that it is a copy of a copy of a copy, or
looks like that.

The parts diagram would likely be the most help to you. Unfortunately the
parts diagram does not come with a key - that's right, just a poor
drawing of a part and a very long number.

Other than that, they are a great little saw with the only potential
issue being the dovetailed mitre slot and guage.