Morris Dovey

Default Building a Wooden Garage Door

Bob wrote:

Anyone every built a 4 section, roll-up garage door (8'w x 7'h) - any advice
appreciated.

Last year I replaced the bottom section of a 9' x 7' garage door.
I bought a matched pair of router bits from MLCS (#8838), a
number of 2"x4"x10' construction grade boards, and a sheet of
1/4" exterior plywood (to replace the 20-year old hardboard).

The only things I did different from the original were to use the
plywood and to dowel all joints. The new section will probably
outlast me.

You may want to get a new door bottom seal. The rubber of mine
was fairly well deteriorated (but I used it anyway).

It isn't a difficult job.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA