Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Ideal boiler Transformer on PCB

In article , Harry
Bloomfield scribeth thus
tony sayer explained on 05/07/2013 :
In article , Harry
Bloomfield scribeth thus
Boiler is suddenly showing no signs of life, PCB fuse is fine, supply
is fine. Opened up control PCB from its plastic casing and the casing
is showing indications of the PCB mount mains transformer over heating.

The markings on the transformer suggest 2x 9v sec. 1x10v sec, but the
pins numbers marked on the tranformer were obviously simply WRONG at
manufacture. Added to that the insulation resistance between windings
is quite low at 2M Ohm, and it seems there has to be one secondary
secondary O/C.

So I have convinced myself, based on the evidence above, that the
tranformer has failed. It is marked era Punenburg, which I guess is the
manufacturer. The era is styalised, so could well be ela.

Anyone got a line on the source because I cannot find them via Google
please?

Best bet is to give Geoff a bell or mail, he's your man for that sort of
thing.

No connection apart from being a satisfied customer..

http://www.cetltd.com/

Geoff who?

It would likely cost as much to track down the transformer as fit a
recon PCB and apparently their were issues with it anyway (maybe this
transformer, reading between the lines), it seems there has been an
revised version.

It is an Icos HE18 - anyone know what the difference might be between
the Orange and black cased control PCB's please?

Hence the URL above. Geoff does a good line in refurbed boards and
whilst I suppose I could track down parts etc he's often a much better
bet...

--
Tony Sayer