Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BobH[_5_] BobH[_5_] is offline

Default Sheetmetalworking project + electronics?

I have heard of a 3 ball tomcat, but never a 4 ball sheetmetal retainer.
What is it?

BobH

On 7/5/2013 12:51 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
http://www.gizmag.com/laser-gatling-gun/28171/

What a hoot! I love the concept, but his bearing setup is truly
lacking. I think he used a bent sheetmetal race with a 4-ball
(instead of 4 ball bearings as stated) sheetmetal retainer, then
forgot to grind it smooth or center it.

I'll bet the liability insurance, which would go along with the
manufacture of such a toy, would be outrageously expensive. The
"CAUTION: Do not look into laser with remaining eye!" stickers would
go unheeded, I'll bet.

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.