Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Hot dog!

On 7/4/2013 12:37 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
It's glue-up time for the bench base and I needed some 6-foot clamps. I have one 8-foot pipe clamp and was going to spring for two more 8 footers until the local Ace reported the pipe runs 25 cents and inch. Kinda takes your breath away.

I bought a couple of wonder dogs on my recent trip to Lee Valley. Screwed a foot on to one end of a 2x4 and drilled a 3/4 inch hole for the dog at the other and, voila, problem solved.

Larry

Take 2, 2x4's and cut two short blocks off of each. Attach one black on
one end, the other on the opposite end AND side. Those are now your bar
clamps. Us a short clamp to pull them together.