Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Hot dog!

On 7/5/2013 11:47 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:
Gramp's shop wrote:

It's glue-up time for the bench base and I needed some 6-foot clamps. I
have one 8-foot pipe clamp and was going to spring for two more 8 footers
until the local Ace reported the pipe runs 25 cents and inch. Kinda takes
your breath away.

I bought a couple of wonder dogs on my recent trip to Lee Valley. Screwed
a foot on to one end of a 2x4 and drilled a 3/4 inch hole for the dog at
the other and, voila, problem solved.

Larry

I do not why folks buy "pipe" when there is such a better alternative. Go
over to the electrical department and buy ridgid conduit. A lot cheaper -
or was the last time I bought it.

Lowes, etc, will cut and thread it for you also.

Deb

I would think that the purpose the material is to be used for, would
determine what type of material you should buy REGARDLESS of cost.

There are areas that conduit will not be applicable and may create a hazard.