Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] brian@garagewoodworks.com is offline

Default Ping Leon - Sawstop problem?

On Friday, July 5, 2013 11:55:51 AM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
On Friday, July 5, 2013 10:05:55 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

On 7/5/2013 9:49 AM, b On Friday, July 5, 2013 10:39:24 AM UTC-4, dpb wrote: ... Looks to me like going out of way to try to find a problem that (probably) isn't... No. It's a valid concern raised by the owner in the video and one that would require more data before a conclusion of "(probably) isn't" could be reached. ... I'd contend it's not a problem until the owner can show a real effect in normal usage (which hasn't done and afaik no other SS owner has raised it as an operational fault--certainly if it were a fundamental design flaw there are enough of them out there and have been for long enough it would have surfaced if so). "No harm, no foul...." ==

And you can bet the other saw manufacturers have combed the SawStop for defects or any other abnormalities, also.

I'd rather weight the data present and look for more than continue to make assumptions. But that's the scientist in me.

Sonny