Charlie Mraz

Default DIY dovetail jigs?

I was searching the internet and came across these plans for a
dovetail jig:

http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/dovejig.html

It is from an old Woodsmith magazine. Has anyone tried to
make this jig, or another DIY dovetail jig themselves? I've
been thinking about the mechanics of cutting dovetails, and it
seems to me that it shouldn't be that hard to make one. Any
additional information will be greatly appreciated.

Charlie...

I haven't seen the Woodsmith issue. My own shop-built dovetail
jig can be seen at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/cnc_joinery.html

The jig was inexpensive; but the router was a killer (speed
controllable in 0.1 RPM increments from 0 - 24,000 RPM, 5 HP
available over the whole range).

That's quite a machine! Not quite what I had in mind, though...

Charlie