Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default OT how to get a "business credit history"

Ignoramus12069 wrote:

I have a corporation since 1998. I have never borrowed any money for
the corporation. My view on borring money for business is very simple,
if I do not have money for something, I do not do it.

But, it so happens that from time to time, I need to establish an
account with a new vendor, they check my credit history and tell me
that I have no credit history.

I am loath to borrow money, but maybe I can borrow some small amount
for a few months just to establish some credit history? what is the
easiest way to acquire a credit history?

I buy several tens of K$ of electronic parts from the usual
distributors (Digi-Key, Mouser, Newark and Allied, mostly.)
I give them as trade references whenever applying for credit.
Only Avnet has ever turned me down, I guess I am too small
for them. So, for Avnet, I have to buy with a credit card.
For all others that I deal with a lot, I am on Net 30 terms.
I do not have a corporation, just a sole proprietorship.

Jon