Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Installing a STRONG shelf on garage wall

On 7/4/2013 1:43 PM, TomR wrote:
Daniel Prince wrote:

I have two old bookcases and a steel cabinet against the wall. I
had several termite mud tunnels behind the bookcases and the cabinet
that I could not see. I want to put the bookcases and the cabinet
on the shelf with the space under the shelf empty so that I can
easily see any termite mud tunnels. The bookcases are lightly
loaded but the steel cabinet is full of power tools and extension
cords so it is moderately heavy.

For what you want to accomplish, I think you may want to just get rid of the
cabinet and bookcases that you now have and just replace them with these
shelves from Home Depot:

....[big snip for brevity]...

+1

Other than OP may want to keep the (I presume file) cabinet -- if so,
that would definitely be candidate for the block support idea so can
check underneath...