Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Electrolytic capacitor question

On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 18:14:26 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

All I've seen so far had a few more turns past the live input terminal so
you could select a higher voltage than was going in, my variac is gathering
cobwebs in the garage somewhere, so its not easy to check the exact % over
Vin.

This might help:
http://www.ineedcoffee.com/08/hottop-roaster/images/variac500.jpg
The scale usually says 0-100, but at 100, it's well over the input
voltage. The better variacs have voltages marked on the scale. I
have several and will dig one out later for a fast test.

Mo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixKNrLjv91Y
Note the printed scale at the beginning of the video.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D