Posted to uk.d-i-y
news[_7_] news[_7_] is offline

Default OT Apprentice wages

On 04/07/2013 09:54, tony sayer wrote:

ISTR that the BBC have now realised that the older engineers who made
things work and happen are now all retiring or coming to their career
end and they aren't being replaced. So the BBC are offering to pay your
Uni fees provided you go and work for them for a while!...

This used to be fairly common in the engineering industry when I went to
Uni in the mid '70s. Many engineering companies would "sponsor" (ie pay
salaries and fees for) undergraduates with the proviso that they went to
work for the company during the long summer recesses and following
graduation. About 25% of my course were on one of these schemes. I
think its long since dead and the best you can get is a bit of a bursary
these days.

--
Chris