Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] none@none.com is offline

Default O/T: GUN CONFISCATION IN CANADA! (fixed broken link)

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 09:30:07 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Do you actually think that not having fire arms in your home will
prevent some one from breaking in/looting?

Looters tend to break into anywhere looking for anything that is easy to
pick up and sell. Cash and jewelery come to mind.

Of course not. However, knowing that my home might be flooded would
prompt me to have smaller articles like jewelry and cash ready to take
with me on a moment's notice.

Firearm owners are legally obligated to have their restricted weapons
(hand guns) secured. (such as a gun safe).

Tell me, were there any comments from gun owners complaining about
police breaking into their gun safes? If not, then the gun owners left
their firearms easily obtainable. If they were handguns not properly
secured, then the homeowners were breaking the law.

If they were rifles not properly secured, then at the very least, the
homeowners were guilty of being negligent. Not a chargeable offense,
but certainly one that the should be admonished for.

Understand, I'm not condoning police breaking into homes without
warrants on any account, but in the case of firearms, I can understand
their thinking. If I was a cop, I'd want as few guns available for
theft as possible.

For all you Americans, understand that this is Canada. We don't have a
second amendment and we don't have the gun culture that you do. We all
didn't grow up with guns available most everywhere and most of us
don't subscribe to the notion that we should all be armed.