Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default OT Apprentice wages

Tim Watts wrote:

2/3 was the bit I thought parents ended up paying unless darling Willoughby
was of a mind to take 3 part time MacDonalds and evening pub jobs on to pay
his own way (which is one of the typical newspaper lines).

If its any help, my grandson whose parents make very little money and who
can just about get by with assistance from the bank of mum and dad gets
nothing.

He pays his own way by working all weekend and most evenings as a
warehouseman in a cash and carry warehouse. He also works during the week.
He's taking a computer science degree and I don't know how he finds the
time to study as well as support himself. His girlfriend is in much the
same boat. Her family aren't wealthy, living just above minimum wage. She's
working most evenings in a fast food "restaurant" to pay her way.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/