Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Ping Steve Turner, Mike and or Nailshooter In San Antonio

Steve Turner wrote:
On 7/1/2013 8:36 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/30/2013 1:22 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 6/30/2013 11:49 AM, Leon wrote:
I am looking for enough good mesquite to build a dining room table. Do
any of you know or have a suggestion as to where to get some in the SA
area? If coming from Houston I have no problem with going a bit further
if necessary.

How about Steve Turner?

YES Steve Tunrer too. !!!!!!

You know, sometimes I just hear a little bird calling my name! I don't
have the time to browse this group very much any more, and it's probably
been a good month or more since I've popped in here, so it's pretty weird
that I stumbled in here only a day or two after you guys asked about me...

Leon, you might try these guys:

http://www.mesquitefurnitureoftexas.com/

They are regular attendees of the Mesquite Festival in Fredericksburg.
They seem to have pretty good sources for obtaining Mesquite logs for
milling, and my buddies and I have been to their place in Sequin and have
bought lumber from them. They didn't have an overabundance of lumber
on-hand at the time we visited, but if you give them some lead time I
think they can fill the request. If not, they can probably direct you to somebody who can.

The only other place I've dealt with for Mesquite was the mill in
Smithville, but they got decimated by the wildfires in Bastrop (last year
was it?) and cashed in their chips. :-(

Thank you Steve, I appreciate the info. I'll check them out. I have a few
chunks of wood that I bought from the Smithville shop a few years back. I
was looking for hem last June when I went to Austin and missed them.